BRIDGING THE GAP
COMPARISON WITH THE REGION
A historic city with excellent connectivity to the rest of the world and where you will find infrastructure befitting a major European capital, but with better weather and in a more interesting location. The Athens allure includes 300 days of sunshine a year, more than 30,000 hotel rooms in 439 hotels, 95,000 sq.m of conference space, 1,000+ restaurants and 200,000 flights per year. All major hotels in the city underwent a refurbishment for the 2004 Olympics.
MTLG INDEX / 2017 EDITION
- The number of 4* and 5* category hotel rooms: 4,152
- The number of 4* and 5* category hotels: 41
- Banquet hall maximum capacity: 1,300
- The largest hall in the city (in m2): 13,000 m2
- Destination population: 664,046
- Maximum hall capacity in theatre style: 1,960
XL – MEETING DESTINATION
Destinations that can host more than 2000 attendees.
Check out the new MTLG categorization for 2017 here.
|ATHENS INDIVIDUAL GRADES 2017|
|Natural and cultural factors:||4.89|
|General and transport infrastructure:||4.71|
|Numbeo quality of life Index:||2.33|
|Numbeo Safety Index:||2.79|
|ACI Airport Connectivity Index:||4.99|