IMPRESSIONS AT THE JUNCTION OF ROMAN AND SLAVIC
COMPARISON WITH THE REGION
Today, Trieste is mostly known for its coffee, rather than the meetings industry. The geo-political location could make Trieste a leading Adriatic congress destination, yet it is now being overtaken by less accessible and geographically located destinations. Solid infrastructure is a good foundation for development. The image of the city on the regional and world market needs to be improved. When key stakeholders on both sides of the border realize the potential of the city, it can become much more important than it is today.
MTLG INDEX / 2017 EDITION
- The number of 4* and 5* category hotel rooms: 3000
- The number of 4* and 5* category hotels: 16
- Banquet hall maximum capacity: 600
- The largest hall in the city (in m2): 640 m2
- Destination population: 204,849
- Maximum hall capacity in theatre style: 600
M – MEETING DESTINATION
Destinations that can host up to 1000 attendees.
Check out the new MTLG categorization for 2017 here.
|TRIESTE INDIVIDUAL GRADES 2017|
|Natural and cultural factors:||4.57|
|General and transport infrastructure:||4.59|
|Numbeo quality of life Index:||3.60|
|Numbeo Safety Index:||4.35|
|ACI Airport Connectivity Index||2.51|