WHERE TO GO
A unique country, full of warm hospitality and undiscovered paths. This land of surprising con- trasts can boast the natural beauty of valleys and mountains, rivers and lakes, and in its turbulent history, it has also created a rich treasure trove of culture. To its original atmosphere certainly adds the fact that this is one of a few countries in which the people entertain and party just about any night of the week – and all the way to the morning too. Join them for a shot of šljivovica.
- 5 National Parks
- 4 UNESCO sites
- 1000 mineral springs
- The Danube passes 588 kilometres from the east to the west of Serbia
Is a charming city with a vibrant at- mosphere that never sleeps.
Picturesque mountains of “golden pine” pamper the visitor with its rich folklore heritage.
Is one of the most au- thentic festivals of folk music in the world.
An elegant city, which is not just like that, nicknamed “Serbian Athens”.
Is the most celebrated Serbian spa, which is also a perfect base for visiting the most beautiful monasteries.
THE MOST ...
- Serbia is the largest exporter, as much as two thirds of (best quality) raspberries in the world.
- The Economist magazine has awarded the prestigious title to Belgrade “City of the Future” of Southern Europe.
- Cathedral of St. Sava is the largest functioning Orthodox Church in the world.
- The Danube, linking the Serbian east and west, is the second largest European river.
- Opanke, Serbian national footwear, have their place in the Guinness Book of Records: largest such shoe measures 3.2 meters in length and weighs 222 kg.
WHAT ELSE TO DO
- Marvel Byzantine art in medieval monasteries Manasija, Sopoćani and Studenica.
- Ride the known, more than 1000 km long “Danube Bike Trail” or see the romantic Serbian countryside from a horseback.
- Refresh in the lake in the middle of Belgrade’s park Ada Ciganlija and indulge the hedonistic nightlife in the bohemian quarter Skadarlija.
- In winter or summer conquer beautiful peaks of Kopaonik, the most famous mountain resort.
- Replenish your tired senses in one of over 50 healthy havens in thermal resorts.