WHERE TO GO
Land that has been hidden for many years from the world, has finally blossomed in all its glory. Although small, it offers a lot to its visitors in all seasons: primal sandy beaches, attractive ski resorts, endless opportunities for hiking, myste- rious monasteries and churches, and stunning historical monuments. Modern cities and remote rural areas, where traditional, slow pace of life of its warm people has not changed for centuries. One can only hope it will remain such for a long time.
Coast boasts stunning beaches and picturesque bays.
A dynamic city of the young with interesting museums, beautiful churches and gourmet restaurants.
Rila monastery is known worldwide for its exceptional colourful frescoes.
Bulgaria, with its predominantly mountainous territory is a paradise for lovers of white slopes with its modern ski resorts Bansko, Borovets and Pamporovo.
Infinite networks of well-marked hiking trails take visitors around the lush mountain and forest landscapes Vitosha, Rile and Rodopov.
THE MOST ....
- Bulgaria is a country with the oldest name in Europe.
- Bulgaria produces half of all rose oil, which is added to perfumes worldwide.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus, the bacterium used in the production of yogurt can be found only in Bulgarian air.
- Bulgaria proudly holds third place in the number of archaeological monuments, behind Italy and Greece.
- When Bulgarians shake their head, they really think “yes”, and when they nod their head, their answer is “no”.
WHAT ELSE TO DO
WHAT ELSE TO DO
- Enjoy the colorful atmosphere of museums and stunning Roman amphitheatre that graces the old part of Plovdiv.
- Climb up to the peaks of Rile and enjoy the views of the crystal Seven Lakes.
- Relax your body and your eyes on the Sunny beach, the most popular Bulgarian sea resort. – Belogardchika rocks, extending to as much as 30 kilometers will with their unusual forms and folk stories certainly stir your imagination.
- Enjoy a Bulgarian folk music concert, which touches every soul deeply.